Key Networking Tips and Tricks Webinar
Recorded June 14, 2016 1:00 – 2:00 PM EST
Presented in Partnership with the FSAE Young Professionals Task Force
Speaker: Peter Wright, Association Hub
Attending any industry conference is an investment financially and in your time. It can be expensive for both you and your organization – especially if you don’t make the connections and meet the people you need to. Learn how to spend a little extra time planning your networking to receive even bigger benefits for yourself and your employer.
Here are some basics to be thinking about:
- Look through the list of speakers and decide who you want to meet.
- Think of 2 other people that you should bring together while at the conference. Copy them both on an email now and tell them you will introduce them at the conference. Karma works great in networking.
- Set a personal target for the number of business cards you will bring home. Seriously.
- Pick a networking partner before the conference and make a plan to attend and work the conference networking events together.
- Look through the registrant list and choose at least 5 people you intend to reconnect with and 5 people you intend to meet for the first time.
The On-Demand program is eligible for 1 Hour CAE credit. Take the quiz after the webinar to receive your certificate.
Peter Wright is a career strategist and President of The Planning Group. As a respected executive in the financial services industry and in his current consulting practice, Peter Wright has successfully developed and executed business strategy with notable results. His practical approach to strategic and operational planning ensures that plans are not only embraced by the management team, but effectively implemented and measured.
Learn more at theplanninggroup.ca
June 14, 2016 1:00 PM Eastern